Indy Dance Academy Company & Team levels offer the dedicated dancer the opportunity to discover their own potential and further their technical training, while experiencing the camaraderie of a team.
Levels within our Company & Team provide the dancer opportunities for individual growth in their dance education through curriculum based technique classes and training in multiple styles of dance techniques.
Along with a strong focus on the dancer’s technical education, dancers will participate in studio performances, regional and national competitions, conventions and outreach performances throughout the Indianapolis community.
Interested Company & Team dancers must possess the following…
- Demonstrate the effort needed to accomplish goals set by the Director and themselves.
- Be eager to develop their artistry and technical skills in the art of dance.
- Be self –motivated and show self-discipline.
- Show respect to their instructors, choreographers, teammates and themselves.
- Be physically fit and demonstrate mind-body awareness.
+ Company & Team Levels
Dancers are placed within Company & Team Levels in order to properly develop their technique and to ensure quality instruction with level based curriculum and choreography.
Placement is based off of audition and director decision. If your dancer is not placed on a IDA Company & Team level, He or she will participate as an IDA apprentice and receive a curated schedule of classes in order to build a stronger foundation in dance.
Indy Dance Academy Company (IDAC) provides the serious dancer the necessary tools in order to excel into collegiate and as professionals in the performing arts. Dancers will study techniques at the pre-professional level in Ballet, Pre-Pointe / Pointe, Jazz, Modern, Tap and Contemporary styles. Development and exploration of other styles such as Musical Theatre, Lyrical and Improvisation will also be studied.
- Company Brochure: Company Brochure 2018
- Company Competition Levels:
- Emerald (approx. ages 5-9)
- Topaz (approx. ages 8-12)
- Sapphire (approx. ages 10-18)
- Diamond (approx. ages 10-18)
Indy Dance Academy Team (IDAT) is geared to the dancer interested in accomplishing the skill set necessary for high school and college dance teams. Dancers will study techniques in Ballet, Jazz and Hip Hop. Dancers will also focus on full body conditioning and stretch.
- Team Brochure: Team Brochure 2018
- Team Performance and Competition Levels:
- Amethyst Team* (approx. ages 6-10)
- Ruby Team (approx. ages 8-18)
*Amethyst Team is a performance only level. Dancers will not compete.
+ How do you join IDA Company and Team?
Dancers interested in joining Company or Team should schedule an appointment with Dance Director, Stefanie Allen. During this time the dancer’s skills will be assessed to determine their appropriate level of Company or Team. Interested dancers are to participate in the required Summer Classes, intensives, and workshops in order to maintain and growth their dance technique to progress into the new dance season. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317.218.3694 for audition information and to schedule your meeting.