Indy Dance Academy Company (IDAC) and Indy Dance Academy Team (IDAT) offers the dedicated dancer the opportunity to progress, motivate and further develop their dance education. Levels are placed within the Company in order to properly develop our competition dancers and to ensure quality instruction with level based curriculum and choreography. IDAC pre-professional dance education provides the dancer the necessary tools in order for each dancer to excel into a collegiate or pre-professional level in the performing arts.
How do you join IDA Company and IDA Team?
Dancers interested in joining Company or Team should schedule an appointment with Dance Director, Stefanie Allen. During this time the dancer’s skills will be assessed to determine their appropriate level of Company or Team. Interested Company dancers are strongly encouraged to participate in the required IDAC Classes, intensives, and workshops during the summer to work on the skills required at the time of audition. Please email email@example.com or call 317.218.3694 for audition information and to schedule your meeting.
- Provide opportunities for growth within our Company.
- Progress each dancer individually in dance education by providing:
- Curriculum based technique class levels, multiple dance styles, proper technical training, self-discipline, private instruction and quality professional dancers as instructors.
- Individual instruction by the Director and Company Instructors in order for company dancers to attain their goals as a dance artist and competitive dancer.
- Collaboration as an instructional coaching staff in order to know each dancer’s abilities and to work together on enhancing their quality of dance.
- Exposure to several dance technique in order for the dancer to achieve IDAC’s level based curriculum to become a well-rounded dancer.
- Many performance, convention and competition experiences in order for dancers to grow in confidence, stylization and expression, individually and as a Company member.
- Demonstrate the effort needed to accomplish goals set by the Director, Instructors and themselves.
- Be eager to develop their artistry and technical skills in the art of dance.
- Be self-motivated and show self-discipline.
- Show respect to all instructors, choreographers, and their teammates.
- Show body and mind awareness and be physically fit.
- Uphold and follow the Company Contract for a full season.
IDA Company Levels: Company Brochure 2017
Levels are placed within the Competition Company in order to properly assess our competition dancers to ensure quality instruction, with level based curriculum and choreography. Dancers experience private and group technique classes and rehearsals in many styles and techniques of dance in order to grow into their potential. IDAC education provides the dancer the necessary tools in order to excel into a collegiate or pre-professional level in the performing arts. Dancers will study techniques in the following disciplines: ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, and modern dance. Development and exploration of other styles such as musical theatre, lyrical, jazz funk, and improvisation will be studied. Dancers will also focus on stretch, conditioning, improving their overall technique, various tricks, and artistic expression.
- Emerald Company: approx. ages 5-8
- Topaz Company: approx. ages 8-12
- Sapphire Company: approx. ages 8-18
- Diamond Company (invite only level): approx. ages 8-18
IDA Team Levels: Team Brochure 2017
Dancers interested in high school and college dance teams will benefit from the training and performance experience of the Competition and Performance Team. Dancers will study techniques in jazz and hip hop/fusion styles. Dancers will also focus on stretch and conditioning.
- Amethyst Performance Team: approx ages 6-10
- Ruby Competition Team: approx. ages 7-18